Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Long Reflection

I've been away in South Africa for work for the past week or so. Being away from my office and my regular work gives me a lot of time to reflect on my life and what's important (like food, food is good). One result is that I'm taking the Wardrobe Refashion pledge (see the new button). I'm pledging to buy no new clothing, with the exception of shoes, for the next two months starting July 1st. I'll be posting my creations to the Wardrobe Refashion blog. I probably have a dozen sewing projects waiting to be started or finished, not to mention that I have a seriously short supply of nice-looking, short-sleeved shirts, and I'm hoping this will keep me focused. Speaking of which, my list of sewing projects keeps getting longer. I wandered into a fabric shop in Cape Town, so now I have 7 meters of brightly colored fabric. I think there's a skirt and a quilt in there. I'll post pictures of my travels later, maybe I'll even start a Flickr account for that purpose.

No comments: