Sunday, June 1, 2008

Soda Tabs


I am fascinated by garbage. In particular, I wonder about what other uses it could have.

So, as I'm riding my bike and wondering to myself what good deed I've done lately, I come to a section of road that looks like the sun is scattering off a thoroughly pulverized window-sized quantity of glass. Not so good for bikes. Not so good for tires in general. When I get closer, I realize it isn't glass. It's soda can tabs. A lifetime's supply (or a year's worth for a small number of partying undergrads) of soda can tabs scattered over this section of road. I wonder what you could do with that many soda tabs. Someone should really clean them up. Oh. Right. Ok. I grabbed a plastic bag that was blowing down the street, one of the locals lent me a broom, and I am now the proud owner of several (?) thousand soda tabs (and 3 cents).

Now the question is what to do with them:
Sell them for scrap metal? I don't thing the market is good enough for me to get more than a few dollars.
Make a chain mail suit?
Make them into a sash such as the one sported by Worf Son of Mogh?

No comments: